A delicious recipe made from dry turtle beans. This curry is amazing with rice, quinoa, wholemeal naan bread or mixed with wholewheat noodles!
This following is for 3-4 people
- 150g dry turtle beans (soaked in freshwater for 8-10 hours)
- 2 red onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large tomato
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (pan roast quickly)
- 1 teaspoon of coriander power
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 green chili (chopped)
- Fresh coriander for garnish (chopped)
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Rinse the soaked turtle beans and replace the water and boil them for 10 mins. Drain the water once boiled.
- In a mini chopper, chop the onions, tomato and garlic very finely (add some water to assist the chopper).
- Add the chopped mixture to the beans.
- Add the coriander powder and garam masala to the onion, garlic and tomato mixture
- Add the cumin seeds, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala to the mixture.
- Add 200ml fresh water to the mixture and stir well.
- Cook covered on a low heat for 60 minutes, stirring twice between.
- Add the fresh coriander, green chili and roasted cumin seeds and stir well.
- Season to taste with the salt.
- Enjoy the curry with some rice or wholemeal naan bread!
- You can add more water if you desire a runnier texture
- You can vary the amount of chilies and garnish to taste