An oil free, slow cooked super creamy mushroom and spinach white wine risotto… delicious and nutritious!
This following is for two.
- 100g of risotto rice
- 200g mushrooms (sliced – any type of your choice)
- A few shimeji mushrooms for garnish (optional)
- 1 cup of baby spinach (finely chopped)
- 1 small white onion (very finely chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (very finely chopped)
- 50ml of vegan white wine
- 200ml fresh water
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the slow cooker to the high setting.
- Add the mushrooms, onions, garlic and white wine to the slow cooker and cook for 45 mins.
- Add in the rice and water to the mixture and stir well.
- Cook on the high setting for 90 mins (sitting once in the middle).
- Check the rice is cooked and the mixture is naturally creamy – cook further if required.
- Mix in the spinach.
- Season with the salt and pepper to taste!
- Serve and enjoy! You can garnish with a few shimeji mushrooms (optional).