An oil free version of the beautiful and refreshing tabbouleh salad with added pomegranate for the little bursts amazing flavour and nutrition!
This following is for two as a side or for one as a main.
- 100g of dry bulgur wheat
- 1 large firm red vine tomato (diced into small pieces)
- 1 small red onion (very finely chopped)
- 10 fresh mint leaves (very finely chopped)
- 3 cups fresh parsley (very finely chopped)
- Juice of 1/2 a fresh lemon (more if you prefer the extra tang)
- Seeds of 1/2 a ripe pomegranate
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Cook the bulgar wheat according to the instructions on the packet (should take about 10-15 mins).
- Drain the bulgur wheat in a large sieve and run fresh cold water over it to cool it down.
- Place the cooled bulgur wheat into a salad bowl.
- Add all the ingredients (tomato, onion, mint, parsley, lemon juice, pomegranate and salt) and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!