A simple and delicious recipe that can be made in under 20 mins from scratch. This “pulled chicken” jackfruit is amazing in a wholemeal bun with some vegan mayonnaise, cucumbers and tomatoes (and anything else you’d like)…. very much like a pulled chicken slider!
This following is for 3 burgers (or 2 large burgers)
- Tin of young green jackfruit in brine
- 2 onions (peeled, roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (peeled, roughly chopped)
- 1 large tomato (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 green chili (chopped)
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Fresh coriander for garnish (chopped)
- Add the onion, garlic and tomato to a mini chopper and blitz it.
- Cook the onion, garlic and tomato in a frying pan on medium heat for 5 mins, stirring regular, until a semi dry mixture is made. No need to add oil; simply use water for cooking it.
- While the mixture above is cooking, drain and rinse the jackfruit and “pull” with a knife and fork until it resembles pulled chicken/pork.
- Add the cumin seeds, coriander powder and garam masala to the cooked onion, garlic and tomato mixture. Add salt to taste. Stir well
- Add the jackfruit to the mixture and stir well.
- Add a touch of water and cook on medium heat for 5 mins or until the mixture is dry and looks like cooked “pulled chicken”.
- Add the green chili and coriander and stir it in.
- Enjoy in a wholemeal bun for a wonderful “pulled chicken” slider!