A simple and delicious recipe that can be made in a Vitamix (or any high speed blender) in 5 minutes.
If you don’t have a high speed blender, you can blend all the ingredients and simmer slowly on the stove.
This following is for one serving (simply double for two people, triple for three etc.).
- 2 small carrots (peeled, keep the leaves if you have them)
- 1/2 clove of garlic (leave the skin on)
- 1/2 an onion (leave the skin on)
- 1/2 stick of celery
- 1 inch cube of ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of dry herbs (any you like – I highly recommend Sage or Rosemary)
- 150ml fresh water
- Handful of sunflower seeds
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Dry parsley for garnish
- Add all the ingredients to the blender (excluding the parsley)
- Slowly bring the blender up to full speed
- Run blender on full speed for 5 minutes
- Sever the soup in a bowl of your choice
- Garnish with the dry parsley
- Can add more water for a thinner consistency
- If you don’t have a high speed blender, you can blend all the ingredients and simmer slowly on the stove