This is a simple twist on cooking rice! Great with a bean curry (or any curry), and provides the amazing health benefits of turmeric!
This following is for two servings.
- 1 glass of white long grain basmati rice (no need to wash)
- 2 glasses of fresh water
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric power
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a small cooking pot/pan (ensure the rice is fully covered with the water)
- Mix well
- Cook covered on the lowest gas setting for 20-30 mins (or until the rice has absorbed all the water and is fluffy and light)